Things to do in Milwaukee
You'll discover a warm Midwestern welcome with plenty of big-city buzz at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown. Our riverside setting is in the heart of downtown's bustling business district, just 15 minutes from General Mitchell International Airport. Stroll along the scenic Riverwalk all the way down to the Historic Third Ward district, explore the surrounding streets lined with chic shops, and sample bites and brews from the city's legendary brew pubs.
- Blue Mound Gold &Country Club
- Miller Park
- Potawatomi Bingo Casino
- The Bradley Center
- Marcus Performing Art Center
- Milwaukee County Zoo
- UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena
- Harley Davidson Museum
- Mayfair Mall
How To Get Here
Plan your trip in advance with our list of popular things to do in Milwaukee below. After a long day our touring, unwind at our Re:mix lounge and W XYZ bar.
- Milwaukee RiverWalk, 0.1 mi – Located in the heart of downtown Milwaukee, the two-mile long RiverWalk is the site of many popular Milwaukee events, restaurants, brewpubs and shops.
- Discovery World, 2.0 mi – Discovery World is a science and technology center focused on innovation, technology and conservation. Visitors can interact with sturgeons, stingrays and sea urchins in the touch tank, navigate your own remotely operated vehicle, take a 3-D tour into virtual environments, and more.
- Wisconsin State Fair Park, 5.0 mi – Every Summer the Wisconsin State Fair Park is home to the Wisconsin State Fair. The Park also hosts the Milwaukee Mile and the Petit National Ice Center.
- Milwaukee County Zoo, 6.0 mi – The Milwaukee County Zoo is home to 2,000 mammals, fish, amphibians, reptiles and birds, and covers 200 acres.
- The Bradley Center, 0.1 mi - BMO Harris Bradley Center is a popular entertainment venue and home to the Milwaukee Bucks, Marquette University men's basketball team, and the Milwaukee Admirals.
- Summerfest/Henry Maier Festival Grounds, 1.0 mi – Summerfest is an annual, 11-day music festival held at the Henry Maier Festival Park in summer.
- UW–Milwaukee Panther Arena, 1.0 mi – Formerly the U.S. Cellular Arena, UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena, is a popular indoor sports and entertainment venue.
- Pabst Theater, 1.0 mi – Often referred to as “the Pabst” or “Grande Olde Lady,” The Pabst Theater is the oldest theater in Milwaukee’s theater district and holds about 100 events annually.
- Milwaukee Theater, 1.0 mi –The Milwaukee Theatre is an intimate venue for Broadway musicals, concerts and other popular productions.
- Wisconsin Center, 1.0 mi – The Wisconsin Center is a convention and exhibition center in downtown Milwaukee.
- Miller Park (Home of the Milwaukee Brewers), 4.0 mi – Miller Park, home of the Milwaukee Brewers, features North America’s only fan-shaped convertible roof, which can open and close in less than 10 minutes.
Arts & Culture:
- Marcus Performing Art Center, 0.3 mi - The Marcus Center for the Performing Arts is home to the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra, Florentine Opera, Milwaukee Ballet and First Stay Children’s Theater.
- Milwaukee Public Museum, 1.0 mi – The Milwaukee Public Museum is world-renowned for natural history exhibits, collections, educational programs and research.
- Milwaukee Art Museum, 1.0 mi – With a collection of over 30,000 works of art, the Milwaukee Art Museum is a must see.
- Harley Davidson Museum - 1.0 mi – Motorcycle enthusiasts can tour never-before-seen archives, view more than 450 motorcycles and artifacts dating back to Serial Number One, and more.
- The Shops of Grand Avenue, 1.0 mi – The Shops of Grand Avenue is housed in the former Plankinton Arcade and is connected to surrounding buildings by skywalks.
- Mayfair Mall, 10.0 mi – The Mayfair Mall is located in Wauwatosa, includes over 180 stores and is anchored by Macys, Barnes & Noble and Boston Store.